Tehreek Nafaz e Fiqh e Jafariya UK
|English News 12 July 2018|
Released by Qamar Haider Zaidi the Spokesman of the TNFJ; Translated by Wajih Kazmi
TNFJ Press Conference – Election Policy 2018
By: Agha Syed Hamid Ali Shah Moosavi
(Chief of Tehreek Nafaz Fiqh-e-Jafariya)
Islam is a complete code of life and a universal religion that prevails over all theories and ideas as is desired by Allah Almighty.
(Surah Tauba, Ayah 33)
Therefore, it becomes the obligation of every faithful to struggle for practical implementation of the universal religion. Keeping this struggle in view, 88 years ago, Hakimul Ummat Allama Muhammad Iqbal presented the concept of a separate motherland on the basis of a Two-Nation Theory which Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, considering it the target, launched a historic struggle for formation of separate motherland for Muslims and Pakistan was ultimately created with the help of Allah, the Holy Prophet (SAAW), Ahle Bait Athaar (A.S.) and pious Sahaba Kubaar (R.A.) and through the unity and solidarity of the Muslims of subcontinent.
The theory of Islam is not like other systems, but the combination of two items i.e. 1. Theory, 2. Government.
Our ideology comprises of five principles, the first of which is to confess oneness of Allah without any sharing, which is the basic one of all other principles. And the government is a power as well as an implementation authority that is created for two purposes.
Firstly, discipline of affairs of people, stopping them from discrimination, providing protection of the nation and the country in case of interference from any other country. Secondly, providing equal opportunities to develop and progress in all fields of life, take measures to transform their lives in accordance with Islamic principles and ensure comprehensive implementation of the Islamic code of life.
Dear journalists! The strength of faith is a prerequisite for the rise of Islam.
(and you will be superior if you are [true] believers. — Surah Aal-e-Imran, Ayah 139)
But unfortunately, the Muslim World forgot their original goals and objectives due to their worldly desires and fear of the satanic forces. Today, not only the motherland but the whole Islamic World is facing the crisis of leadership. The Islamic world desperately needed rulers who rely upon Allah, possess ideological firmness and dedicate themselves to achieve the lost glory of Islam as political stability and national solidarity are essential for a bright and prosperous future.
Unfortunately, after the demise of Pakistan's founder Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the motherland had to face numerous internal and external challenges, multiple wars were imposed on Pakistan and we lost half of the country owing to internal weaknesses caused by political instability and external conspiracies. The tyrant rulers and dictators ruined the country as the politicians always preferred their personal and party interests over the prosperity and development of the country. Rulers have been trying to sabotage the founding ideology of Pakistan for the last 70 years by transforming the country into a sectarian state.
Our beloved homeland is targeted by the worst forms of internal as well as external conspiracies even today. In these circumstances, the general elections of 25th of July have been announced however, no one knows about the future except Almighty Allah.
The two Fiqahs (sects) i.e. Shia and Sunni have always been the strength and power of Islam. Pakistan’s rulers and politicians have always encouraged electoral politics on the basis of ethnicity, provincialism, regionalism and sectarianism while we, from the very beginning, consider taking part in practical electoral politics on the basis of sects, lingualism, provincialism or any biasness fatal for the nation and the country. For us, the Madni State has been the beacon of light in which the Holy Prophet (SAAW) condemned all types biases and discrimination by introducing the Meesaq-e-Madinah i.e. the pact of Medina.
We have been demanding that the politics must be performed on the basis of public services and national development. Although we consider seeking votes and pitching candidates on sectarian grounds as poisonous for the nation however; our followers will still use their right to cast votes as responsible citizens of Pakistan. Therefore, in accordance with the ideology of the founders of Pakistan and the guarantees provided in the Constitution, our Charter of Demands is as follows. Any of the parties that commits to fulfill this charter, will be supported by the followers of the Fiqh-e-Jafariya.
Charter of Demands of Tehreek Nafaz Fiqh-e-Jafariya for national elections 2018:
1. We neither intend to impose our belief on anyone nor shall we allow other beliefs to be imposed on us, therefore Fiqh-e-Jafariya should be implemented for Shias in Pakistan.
2. Maktab-e-Tashayyo should be given ideological representation in all state institutions formed for Islamisation including Islamic Ideology Council, Ulema Board, Ruet-e-Hilal Committee. Blue-eyed persons and those who are given representation under bargaining have no right to be called representatives of the Maktab-e-Tashayyo.
3. Separate curriculum of Islamic education should be introduced for Shia students in educational institutions.
4. Appoint Shia Faculty in all Islamic universities, to provide equal and unbiased opportunities to the citizens of Pakistan to learn the jurisprudence of Fiah Jafaria besides other jurisprudences, so that the fruits of teachings from the Maktab-e-Imam Jafar Sadiq (A.S.) could be reaped.
5. The appointment of Shia judges in the Federal Sharia Court and an effective representation of Shias in higher courts.
6. Fiqh-e-Jafariya may be given representation in state media on the basis of equality.
7. Separate Shia Auqaf Board should be established. The Maktab-e-Tashayyo is faced with deprivation here. For example, the affairs of the shrine of Sultan-ul-Fuqara Hazrat Bari Imam Kazmi Al-Moosavi (R.A.), who had predicted the setting up of Islamabad centuries ago, are handed over to such persons who had no connection with this shrine ever. Shrine’s Loh has been changed keeping bias during the recent renovation of the shrine while other holy articles that used to prove Bari Imam’s (R.A.) attachment with the Maktab Ahle Bait have been hidden. For God sake, such steps should not be taken as none of the Shias or Sunnis monopolise the love with Ahle Bait (A.S.) and they all love them. Therefore the symbols and the old Loh that had been removed or hidden from the shrine of Hazrat Bari Imam (R.A.) should be restored. In 2005, I was tried to be made target in a suicide attack on the Darbar of Hazrat Bari Imam (R.A.) on the occasion of annual Pursadari in which two dozens of mourners kissed martyrdom. A sign board inscribed with ‘Ganj-e-Shahidaan’ should be affixed inside the boundary of Hazrat Bari Imam’s (R.A.) shrine to pay homage to the martyrs of that terrorist attack. The issues of Shia Auqaf throughout the country including Kotli Imam Hussain in Dera Ismail Khan should be resolved.
8. Unfortunately, education has been privatized along with other institutions and these private educational institutions are enforcing curricula of their choice as a result of which incidents of desecrating sacred verses in some textbooks happen the day in and day out. For example, in a book for Grade-II, the issue of insulting Farzandan-e-Rasool Imam Hassan (A.S.) and Imam Hussain (A.S.) came to the fore. On our demand, although the Ministry of Education took notice however, as a permanent solution to this problem, uniform curricula should be introduced for the subjects of Islamiyat and Pakistan Studies from schools to university level while the Curriculum Committee must include representatives from all schools of thought including Fiqah Jafaria.
9. Nara-e-Takbeer, Nara-e-Risalat and Nara-e-Haideri have been the sources of motivation and enthusiasm for Muslims. Under the Quranic commandment of انما ولیکم اللہ as well as in the speeches and poetry of all Aulia e Karaam, the expression of association with Hazrat Ali ibn e Abi Talib (A.S) as the ultimate source of Wilayat is found. The Haideri spirit is clearly visible in every war anthem of 1965 which use to shatter the morale of the enemy however, the dictator Ziaul Haq, who infected the motherland with the poison of sectarianism and biasness got Nara-e-Haideri eliminated from the army. Whereas everyone condemns dictators today, the entire nation must jointly raise voice against the discriminatory actions of dictator Zia ul Haq. Pakistan army which possesses Nishan e Haider as its highest level award must be returned with the Nara-e-Haideri also.
10. Like Haj and Umrah, the pilgrims of holy places must also be facilitated in accordance with the TNFJ’s plan already shared with the Ministry of Interior, while train service should also be restarted for these pilgrims (Zaireen).
11. Plots for the Masajid, Hussainiyaat, Imambargahs and Madaras must be provided to the followers of Maktab-e-Tashayyo in the newly developed cities, towns and sectors.
12. Voice should be raised against the destruction of holy Islamic places around the world including Jannatul Baqee and Jannatul Moallah and their dignity must be restored.
13. Azadari is our jugular vein and the mourning of the grandson of the holy Prophet (PBUH&HP) is the common heritage of all Muslims therefore, the programs of Azadari in the new settlements must not be impeded. In some areas, retaliatory restrictions are imposed on Ulema, Zakireen and Waizeen that create problems in Azadari. In this connection, all parties should announce their commitment to facilitate Azadari programs as Hussain (A.S.) belongs to all and Hussain (A.S.) belongs to Allah.
14. The people of Pakistan sacrificed more than 75,000 lives in their struggle against terrorism. After the APS incident, the voice of the entire nation resulted in creation of the National Action Plan which provides commitment to eliminate the root causes of terrorism and stop the activities of the banned groups through its 20-points however, it is extremely unfortunate that the banned outfits are openly participating in electoral politics, making alliances with different parties while the Election Commission is completely silent over it. The caretaker government has crossed all limits by removing the leaders of banned organizations from the Schedule-4. Offering such relaxations to the banned parties is tantamount to treachery with the blood of the martyrs. Therefore, we demand that implementation of all points of the National Action Plan that must be enforced across the board without any discrimination.
15. Tehreek Nafaz Fiqh-e-Jafariya is the only organization that has never been banned nor it is so at present, but many of our innocent workers have been booked in Schedule-4 just to fill in the blanks. Commitment must be made to free the innocent members of TNFJ from all such undue restrictions.
16. Today, everybody is raising the slogan of accountability, everyone talks about the accountability of politicians but no one raises voice against those who earn billions and trillions by working for foreign countries using the name of religion. Those who did not have enough cloths to wear and no transport to move have collected enormous amount of wealth including expensive properties and other assets. We reiterate our long-standing demand to ban foreign funding of religious organizations while the accountability of religious organizations must also ensured along with political parties. Tehreek e Nafaz e Fiqh-e-Jafariya (TNFJ) volunteers itself for the accountability before any other organization.
Let us pray to Allah Almighty to make the outcome of the upcoming elections a milestone for Pakistan’s progress, development, stability and welfare, while also bless the nation with the ability to make right decisions.
I am thankful to all the journalists carrying on the task of the prophets. I pray for your safety and wellbeing.
Agha Syed Hamid Ali Shah Moosavi
Chief of Tehreek Nafaz Fiqh-e-Jafariya &
Patron-in-Chief of Supreme Shia Ulema Board
Dated: July 11, 2018.